Cannabis edibles are basically foods and drinks that contain extracts of the herb. The foods could be munchies or snacks. The drinks could be beverages. Cannabis pills and capsules are also edibles. Cannabis oil is not edible by default. Only some strains of cannabidiol oil are edible. Other forms of cannabidiol or cannabis extracts such as lotions, creams, gels, isolates, waxes, crystals and dabs are not edibles. The most popular of all cannabis edibles are gummies, followed by chocolates and cake cops. These days you can also shop for cannabis shots, teas, coffees and honey sticks.
Contrary to popular perception, cannabis edibles are not consumed primarily to get high. The intoxicating effect is due to the psychoactive substance called THC. Cannabis edibles may not contain THC if the flowering parts are not used. Cannabis leaves, stems and seeds may be used in various edibles. The leaves and stems do not contain much THC. The flowering parts contain most of the psychoactive substance. Hence, cannabis edibles are not exactly about getting high. You can avoid getting stoned and yet enjoy the health benefits. Whatever your preference, WEEDS has a wide selection of some of the best edibles in the city.
Some Benefits of Edibles
WEEDS Bon Bons with 225mg THC
- Cannabis edibles comprising mostly the leaves offer vitamins and minerals. The leaves also contain fiber. You can use raw leaves of the cannabis plant and extract the nutrients that have high bioavailability. You will get a substantial dose of vitamin K that can prevent blood clots, vitamin C that strengthens the immune system, calcium that strengthens bones, iron that can help oxygenate the blood and folate that plays a role in repairing DNA. The fiber content is good for your gastrointestinal health.
- Cannabis edibles are rich in antioxidants. The antioxidants can reduce oxidative stress and resulting damage. Every human has free radicals in their body. These free radicals cause long term damage and they can be effectively countered by foods that contain antioxidants. Regardless of your regular diet, cannabis edibles can provide the essential antioxidants.
- Cannabis edibles may or may not intoxicate you depending on the parts of the plant you are using or the composition of the extract you have purchased. Yet, you will experience substantial relief from pain. Cannabis extracts can numb the neurotransmitters that amplify the sensation of pain. Many people smoke marijuana for therapeutic purposes. Smoking has adverse effects. If anyone seeks relief from pain then cannabis edibles is a healthier alternative to smoking marijuana.
- Cannabis edibles can prevent nausea. This has been clinically proven. Pregnant women experiencing nausea should resist the temptation of having cannabis edibles. There could be adverse effects on the development of the fetus. Breastfeeding mothers should also avoid cannabis edibles as the research linking such consumption to any possible effects on breast milk is still not conclusive.
- There is only one problem with cannabis edibles. You will not experience the positive effects immediately. Depending on the type of form or extract you are using and the recipe of the particular edible, you may have to wait anywhere from thirty minutes up to ninety minutes for the effects to kick in.